Nikita Williams is a mindset business coach and the host of the podcast, She’s Crafted to Thrive. She was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2009 and fibromyalgia in 2010...and more recently diagnosed with adenomyosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), interstitial cystitis (IC), and vestibulitis. These diagnoses inspired her to use the training she received from previous jobs to jump-start her career as a business coach. Nikita learned that having a chronic illness did not limit her potential. In fact, it helped her to see the possibilities for herself and for her clients. Her aim is to help all creative women — especially those who live with chronic illness — to go from feeling limited to limitless so that they can create a life and business that thrives, in their unique way.
Tune in as Nikita shares:
- that she first noticed debilitating pain on her honeymoon, but noticed irregularities in her cycle from its appearance at the age of 15
- the learning curve of “not knowing what you don’t know”
- that she’s been additionally diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), adenomyosis, IC (interstitial cystitis), and vestibulitis (which she now has as a result of medical trauma caused by a healthcare provider)
- why she decided to take a year off all medications
- that she has never been offered mental health support for her conditions
- how she discovered she was a highly sensitive person (HSP)
- why she only sees female doctors
- how seeing a urogynecologist was a life-changing experience for her
- why self-advocacy is so vitally important
- why finding a way to cope with her pain has always been her first priority — and yes, even before the question of her fertility
- that the depth of her chronic pain and surgical intervention forced her to face her mortality
- how essential oils and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) have helped her manage her pain and anxiety
- why her hysterectomy triggered depression and anxiety
- how sharing about her chronic illnesses helped her find healing
- why she chooses to be intentional with her energy
- that in order to embrace your future, you have to face your past
This episode is sponsored by Mood Health. With personally designed plans and affordable insurance and cash pay rates, appropriately vetted practitioners, and a concierge who takes you every step of the way…Mood is a simple, affordable, and convenient solution; with therapy, psychiatry, lifestyle support, and medication management: all in one place. Mood's amazing clinicians actually care about you, and long-term relationships are prioritized over quick fixes. Go to MoodHealth.com to get started. You can thank me later!
Transcript coming soon!
In the meantime, check out these related episodes: